Business Systems Analyst Senior at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
You will be working with multiple agile scrum teams that are enhancing our payments solutions offerings for partners to improve the competitive position and grow merchant revenue with a direct to SMB Merchant proposition in North America.
What you will be doing
In this role, you will represent the stakeholders and be the voice of the customer. You will be responsible for bridging the gap between the customer, business stakeholders, and the development team, and represent the product and the customer's needs and priorities. You will be accountable for ensuring that the team delivers value to the business and works with the development team daily to help clarify requirements. You will write customer-centric items (user stories), prioritize them, and add them to the product backlog.
- Act as the Product Owner for the scrum team, assisting with Feature breakdown into user stories based on business requirements.
- Work with the Portfolio Owner (Product Managers) to understand strategic goals and direction.
- Understands "what" the business need is, who is going to use it, what the acceptance criteria is. This can be reflected in the format of user stories.
- Spends time with scrum teams and stakeholders to gather input and share product vision.
- Owns the Product Backlog and its refinement using prioritization.
- Ensures changes made by programmers meet requirements and are accepted each sprint.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master's degree desirable.
- Experience as Business Analyst or Product Owner in an agile environment.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and Postman.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization.
- Experience with SQL or other database tools.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed.
• Knowledge of FIS' products and services• Knowledge of financial services industry
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
View our benefitshere. The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the ColoradoEqual Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado. $ 77,290.00 - $129,840.00
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$77,290-129,840
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.