Business Systems Analyst - Manufacturing Line Monitoring and Quality (Remote) at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) ensures the proper collection and documentation of business requirements that can be understood by both business and technology stakeholders to improve the effectiveness of the business function, responsible for requirements to be consistent with the business case and the long-term plans within the capability/service delivery area. The BSA also leads user acceptance testing to ensure the solution is aligned to the business requirements, driving resolution of any potential defects where necessary. This position is remote and can be based anywhere in the U.S.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Accountable for developing, defining, and documenting business requirements that describe the business need and solution scope, and communicate them effectively to IT and business stakeholders
- Remain up to date of technology trends, opportunities, compliance, and regulatory requirements within a defined capability/service delivery area
- Provide process expertise to others to understand the impact of system enhancements on the company’s processes and to understand how system functions and processes will generate the intended outcomes for business
- Collaborate with solution architects, adhering to enterprise architectural frameworks and roadmaps to design processes, systems, and information/data architectures
- Build and maintain an in depth knowledge of the processes, systems, and data in a defined capability/service delivery area
- Responsible for writing functional specifications that can be used by solutions/systems engineers to support the creation of technical designs and delivery of business and technical requirements
- Responsible for communicating documented defects to technical team members, create and validate proposed defect resolutions (fixes) from systems/solutions engineers, ensure that the initial defect was corrected, and that initial data and/or processes will not be impacted
- Coordinate user acceptance testing to ensure business requirements are satisfied and ensure proper UAT documentation is produced (based on use cases and test requirements)
- Ensure proper training, transition, and cutover plans are developed and executed to ensure proper user adoption and minimize business disruption.
- Provide project management support for small/medium size projects, being responsible for project planning and execution of work required, including issue management and status reporting.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Marketing, Information Systems Management, Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 5+ years of related work experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- Experience creating core BA deliverables (e.g., functional spec, test cases, etc)
- Ability to work in global, multinational and remote teams in a matrix organization
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated ability in IT analysis methodologies (e.g., process flow definition, data flow diagramming, use case definition)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, customers and other IT Personnel
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite including Visio or similar applications (e.g., LucidChart, OmniGraffle, etc)
- Solid knowledge of technologies relevant to the capability/service delivery area
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall) and activities/deliverables(e.g., work planning, status reporting, issue management)
Ideal candidate will have as much of a combination of experience with the following:
- Knowledge of plant line monitoring processes and procedures preferred
- Rockwell FactoryTalk for Line Monitoring preferred
- DELMIA Apriso for Manufacturing Execution Systems preferred
- Knowledge of Quality Management processes and procedures preferred
- Ignition by Inductive Automation for line process interface is a plus
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $86,500 - $132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans