Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
25 - 50%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
As a Business Solutions Consultant, you will be a member of the North American Business Solutions team working with the various North American Sales teams. Initial focus will be on reconciliation processes with a broader focus on overall data integrity in capital market and banking industries.
What you will be doing:
You will engage with capital market and banking clients in a consultative capacity with the goal of understanding their business problems and advising how our solutions can best be configured to solve those problems. To operate at this level, you will need to display a thorough understanding of reconciliation methodology as it applies to business operations across multiple departments including Operations, IT and Finance.
The Business Solutions Consultant’s primary role is to convey the business and technical features of the product/solution by successfully communicating the value proposition of the product/solution as a subject matter expert. This includes supporting the sales and professional services organization in the process. Key responsibilities include:
- Using knowledge gained from a career in business operations and by leveraging industry standard current practices and procedures, build persuasive presentations to articulate thought leadership in the areas of business operations, data integrity and reconciliation.
- Deliver such presentations to prospects, annual industry events and client events using FIS standards
- Review responses to RFI’s / RFP / client queries and contribute business content in a timely and professional manner
- Translate commercial insights, industry practices and anecdotes into tailored messages to prospect audiences
- Map client processes and workflows, and advise how these can be made more efficient and/or automated using FIS software
- Identify and quantify clients’ business problems and functional requirements
- Identify solution gaps after gathering clients’ requirements and communicate back to product management
- Use this information to design client-relevant presentations/demonstrations (discovery)
- Build a quantitative business case for applying FIS software to the client’s business, and articulate the return on investment (ROI) in moving forward with an FIS software installation
- Lead internal working groups to define bundles of FIS software that can be pitched together to solve a repeatable business problem
- Interface with the product management, professional services, support and development organizations
- Manage relationships with third-party consulting partners, to include training, opportunity tracking, responsibility breakdowns and go-to-market-as-a-partnership materials
- Be aware of industry trends, drivers, and regulatory initiatives; read trade and industry journals to keep abreast of industry thoughts and initiatives
- Understand and document the competitive offerings and their differentiators in the market
- Collect prospect feedback and share with internal stakeholders
- Facilitate detailed knowledge transfer from the sales process to implementation planning
What you bring:
- Substantial business operations (7+ years) to include an understanding of the typical departmental structure and processes within those departments and the interrelationships between those departments. This will typically be gained in a software company, consultancy company or large investment manager
- Detailed knowledge of most of the following areas:
- Reconciliation Processes
- Data Integrity
- Data Management
- Reporting solutions
- Strong working knowledge of various operational, finance and reconciliation platforms.
- Strong experience in client facing activities with a demonstrated entrepreneurial and consultative approach
- Understanding of the entire sales cycle, from market research through to contract signing
- Equally comfortable working independently or as part of a team
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills; outstanding presentation abilities
- Ability to build a quantitative business case and articulate a return on investment (ROI)
- Travel up to 50%
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of FIS’ Data Integrity Manager solution suite (FKA Intellimatch) highly desirable.
- Experience with Blackline, Trintech a plus.
- Background of presenting and interacting with C-level executives.
What we offer you:
- A very competitive salary with commission and bonus potential
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.