Business Process Engineer
The AMSS Business Process Engineer is responsible to developing and facilitating a manufacturing solution for customer electronic assemblies. This process requires a technical documentation review to identify and correct deficiencies. Work with suppliers and customers to create an efficient high-quality manufacturing solution while limiting the risk for potential liability. Provide expertise in the areas of Document Control, Manufacturing, Electrical Test and overall product quality at both the supplier and customer level. Support technical relationships with our customers by working with AMSS manufacturing partners and internal resources on problem resolution. Pursue continuous process improvement by evaluating process and quality on behalf of the customer.
- Release product for manufacturing - Create and approve a manufacturing process with limited liability for various products.
- Utilize individual and team technical knowledge, customer specifications and supplier capabilities to create a low cost high quality manufacturing solution.
- Documentation reviews consist of bills of material, assembly drawings, custom fabricated drawings, electrical test procedures, schematic and quality requirements.
- Maintain high quality production yields through the life of the program
- Monitor quality metrics at the supplier and customer levels.
- Travel to customer and supplier on an as needed basis.
- Represent the customer in the areas of Document Control, Manufacturing, Test and Quality.
- Facilitate product and process changes utilizing the DFM (Design for Manufacturability) process.
- Resolve test failures and disposition MRB in a timely manner.
- Relationship Management –
- Possess the understanding of the Distribution model as relates to manufacturing in order to develop influential relationships with internal and external customers, including:
- Contract Manufacturers and customer engineering and sales branch.
- Create opportunities to develop strong engineering relationship with our customers.
- Technical support and Continuous Process Improvement - Explain and teach current technical issues to the Program Managers.
- Support the Quotes Group on technical questions for new opportunities.
- Stay current with the latest developments in technology through training and education.
- Provide on-going input to improve AMSS operations
- 4-year college degree in engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to mitigate risk through root cause analysis and developing preventative and corrective actions.
- Electrical Test experience strongly preferred
- Should have experience with - surface mount technology (SMT), through hole and soldering
WHAT WE OFFER AT ARROW:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy. Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!