Business Process Architect at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life. We are passionate about what we do!
The Business Architect will focus on current and potential future business and technology projects to add a cross-functional view of business process enablement and Organizational Change Management (the people side of change). We want to ensure we have a holistic view across these strategic projects in these areas:
- Business processes that enable people's job, removing manual processes and bottlenecks that affect current performance and future scalability
- Enable enterprise-level decision-making aligned with “How we want to do business” in the future, where possible, versus what’s faster and less disruptive
- Scalable organization structure, short-term set of deliverables, how we build our teams to meet this need, prioritize execution, and approach to create teams to accomplish this work.
- Integration needs and long-term scalability, specifically focused on aligning across differing manufacturing and quality/regulatory requirements
- Ensure we meet core business process needs to scale now and into the future (with consideration that the process needs to be scalable for people and technology over time)
- Highlight needs for core data and source of record alignment working with data owners
- Enablement of reporting to support business decision-making in all areas of the business
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Facilitating the capture of and catalog the organization's People, Process, and Technology needs to build a cohesive shared vision that enables progress towards systems and strategic goals
- Includes strategic alignment with:
- Business Strategy and direction
- Technology and systems/data integration requirements
- Data needs
- Organizational Change Management needs, how change impacts people, evolving competencies and training
- Technology and infrastructure requirements
- Compliance and regulatory needs (specifically looking at managing PII and Payor information)
- Focuses initially on the large segments of responsibility that enable core business processes and how business processes relate to each other, with a view of business process maturity, bottlenecks, business process automation needs and current to future roadmap (prioritized)
- Balances business priorities and timelines, current projects, identifying quick wins that add more immediate value
- Focuses on cross-functional business process maturity and automation with consideration of needs for scalability and future growth
- Engages the teams who do the work
- Matures the tools, techniques, and approaches of our team to enable higher levels of performance and delivery for the work we do
- Minimum 7 years’ experience leading transformational and enterprise level programs with specific examples of performance
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the diagnostic, biotech, or pharmaceutical industry
- Has worked in roles that demonstrate a broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes, and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Demonstrated ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies
- Strong interpersonal, team working, and leadership skills with specific examples of applying these skills in prior positions
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Extensive experience planning and deploying transformational business and IT initiatives
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques with ability to contribute to that strategy with this team
- The ability to forge strong internal and external partnerships coupled with excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills with people in various roles across the company
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent work planning and execution/delivery skills – including problem solving, prioritization, and task-level influence skills.
- Thrives with ambiguous work where we are the catalyst helping to create the vision and bringing people together in an environment that is fast paced with significant maturity needs where we are facilitating “big rock” decision-making toward a specific goal
- Drive and determination with a focus on meshing together current and future strategy to deliver a path of constant improvement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success being self-managing with big picture needs to detail implementation strategy
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward
- Shares updates and cascades communications
- BS/MS/PhD preferred with relevant training in Chemistry, Manufacturing, and/or Biological Sciences or equivalent experience.
- Project management certification (PMP®, PRINCE2®) or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Preferred applied experience with organizational change management (the people side of change) or desire to grow that skillset
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $125,000 per year. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.