Business Process Analyst II - Velocity at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Business Process Analyst II – Velocity
What You’ll Do:
- Provide day to day support for multiple business systems.
- Work with business area users and technology experts to incrementally improve business processes and associated system implementations, including functional requirements definition, design, implementation, testing, training, and documentation.
- Guide and maintain the setup of business software configurations as required.
- Perform complex data analysis and deliver data queries per internal business requests and to provide audit support.
- Provide cyclical support for weekly, monthly and yearly business system processes and operations.
- Troubleshoot data issues within integrated software packages and internally developed software.
- Work with ITS infrastructure support personnel as well as software vendors to resolve problems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency.
- Degree in Management Information Systems, Business, or a related field preferred.
- Proven experience supporting business software systems (Velocity preferred, but not required).
- Strong SQL skills for writing database queries, developing reports, and adhoc troubleshooting.
- General experience with report writing tools (SSRS and Business Objects preferred).
- Ability to translate business processes into recommended best uses of software functionality.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to question / listen to user concerns and develop solutions using our systems to meet user needs.
- Ability to be detail oriented and work in a team environment.
- Ability to self-start/self-motivate, stay on track, and pursue solutions without supervision.
- Strong motivation to provide customer satisfaction, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work extended hours to meet deadlines when required.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $78,500 - $106,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.