Business Process Analyst, FIS University Program at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Program!
As a 2022 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June and September with a dedicated "Learning Week" where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
This position is for a January 24, 2022 start.
About The Team
The Global Knowledge Management team's prime objective is to support FIS' strategic mission to deliver best-in-class service through agile, reliable, and sustainable processes built on the Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) methodology with a focus on driving FIS forwards in the way it makes knowledge-based decisions based on solid data-based evidence. This includes providing accurate & actionable data for our Executives, Leaders and Users. The team defines and governs processes to ensure standardized methods and procedures are adopted in support of efficient and prompt handling of all cases in order to minimize adverse impact on business operations. The team's function can mitigate the risk of unplanned costs and labor for both business and IT support staff. Knowledge Management is central in capturing, structuring, reusing and improving our collective knowledge and is integrated into the ticket Management Process to support quick resolution of issues. The Knowledge Management Process Analyst will work along with the Global Knowledge Management Process Owner and team to facilitate & support the process and enable a trusted advisor relationship across the FIS enterprise.
What You Will Be Doing
This role is a key position within the Global Knowledge Management team and will play a critical part in administering the global strategy of collecting, managing, analyzing and reporting KM data. You will take responsibility for stakeholder engagement as well as guiding colleagues towards the learning opportunities presented to achieve our mutual goals. You will need to have experience across end to end BI/Analytics/Engineering Data product delivery from requirement to signoff. You should be hands on technically but also have strong soft skills, be able to collaborate with colleagues and business partners but also work through a problem alone.
- Partner with all levels of stakeholders to provide accurate and actionable KM data supporting our strategic goals and help them drive value through data/analytics capability and technology
- Identify & develop opportunities to improve existing analytical & data solutions
- Deliver industry best practice products and solutions
- Leverage Power BI to gather requirements, build, and deploy scorecards, dashboards, and reports for Knowledge Management activities
- Take personal responsibility for quality of individual deliverables, and contribute to the quality assurance of the team's deliverables as a whole
- Pro-actively contribute to troubleshooting of data requirements, data modelling, data quality and data governance issues
- Become an integral part of the team, supporting key projects and programs critical to its success
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree from job discipline
- Strong technical/development skills with ability to be hands on as required
- Must include excellent SQL skills supported by skills and experience in the array of tools, languages and products that support the Data industry (including but not limited to SQL and SQL Relational Databases (MS SQL Server), Dax and Excel Power Query)
- Strong Microsoft PowerBI skills, with the ability to create professional, clean dashboards to be consumed by diverse audiences
- Experience capturing and translating complex business requirements into practical solutions
- Detail oriented, critical thinker who is savvy with data exploration, data mining, and is proficient with BI technology
- Excellent communication skills, able to tailor results into language appropriate for the audience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail
- Willingness to learn and adapt with a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Added Bonus If You Have
- Experience in the IT service industry and especially ITIL
- Experience in development methodology
- Familiarity with the Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) methodology
- Experience with ServiceNow or similar ITSM tool is a plus
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- FIS will pay off participants' principal student loan balance over 10 years of service. Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program for US participants
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.