Business Operations Associate, Global Energy
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Business Operations Associate, Global Energy
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the Business Operations Associate in our Denver, CO office, you will be responsible for managing the business operations of the group’s various business lines and will receive exposure to various technologies, programs, as well as industrial real estate. The Global Energy team leads value-add, energy-related programs within the Ancillary Revenues and Services (ARS) department. ARS is a start-up enterprise within Prologis where we are creating innovative new products and services that drive value and additional revenue. We lead Prologis’ LED, solar, and metering programs; this scope will expand as additional technologies become relevant to our business.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Own the business operational management of Prologis Global Energy programs, including:
- Create and maintain processes and reports to help ensure program results are delivered according to the business plan. This includes reconciling, tracking, and improving existing processes that may or may not be in place.
- Create and maintain financial models, at the program and project level, to report financial performance and other metrics with the goal of driving continuous financial improvement. Work collaboratively with regions globally to forecast and track these metrics.
- Prioritization and diligent follow-up with other internal and third parties such as marketing, operations, vendors and other regions globally to keep processes and tasks flowing.
- Oversee day-to-day business administration of programs including: vendor billing management, customer billing management, and systems maintenance.
- Provide ad-hoc support for energy projects, for example proposal and presentation creation, customer problem solving, and contract review.
- Heavy support in business planning and forecasting. Including creation/improvement/updating of models, coordinating with corresponding regions, providing monthly “walks” commentary bridging actuals to budget, any ad hoc commentary as necessary
- Conduct research and gather information as needed, internally and externally, to enable completion of team goals; this could include portfolio data, economic market data, and technology research.
- Work with program leads to prepare memos for Investment Committee and Executive Committee, if assigned.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, customers, partners and other external parties
- Maintain an adaptable, “can-do” attitude (ARS is effectively a start-up) and drive efficiency and speed.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics, master’s degree a plus
- 4-6 years of experience in real estate or renewable energy fields, with a finance/business operations focus
- Highly comfortable with financial analysis, concepts and modeling, including and expertise in excel
- High attention to detail and solid judgment in efficient, clear presentation of information.
- Comfort with deadlines, competing priorities, and ambiguity in outcomes and organizational lines.
- Good problem solver and ability to deliver thought-out results and work product with limited information and guidance
- Dedication to the team’s success and work schedule flexibility to meet the needs of an evolving business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with reading, drafting and modifying real estate and transactional legal documents a plus
- Experience in solar, renewable energy, electrical systems and energy markets a plus
- Excitement for finding/implementing new technology solutions and interest in construction/development
- Willingness to travel as business needs dictate, potentially up to 20% of the time
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.