Business Operations Analyst at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Business operations analysts are key associates of the operations unit, where they give support in the areas of items, pricing, authorizations, key customer information and related problem resolution. They work together with sales, finance, marketing, IT, business operations as well as suppliers and customers to guarantee accuracy and appropriate availability of the foundational data elements (Items, Pricing, Authorizations, Specific Customer Related Attributes). These data elements are the basic building blocks within our transactional systems (Ascent, mWS, RIQ) and are necessary to support operational excellence goals and the voice of the customer. Provides ongoing expertise and assistance and participates in special projects and initiatives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Data Management
- Item Setup: Sets up and maintains all supplier pricelists and item attribute rules through proactive interaction with vendors. Setups are to be established and maintained with strict adherence to contractual service level agreements which includes daily automated data feeds and pricelists. Completes necessary updates to items to meet any other specific vendor deadlines. Provides timely issue escalation and proactive communication of setup changes (i.e. malfunction in automated data loads and system issues) to management and designated escalation points and/or impacted stakeholders. Will also need to be able to clearly document processes/changes based on Supplier needs and or requirements;
- Pricing/Costing: Sets up and maintains costing programs, promotions, deal registrations, discounting structures and other special pricing requirements. Ensures data supplied via vendor interfaces loads correctly within the system and troubleshoots necessary fallout. Manually manages all special price data not is provided in an automated format. Ensure business users are working from the most recent data for accurate Arrow costing and revenue guidelines. Provides timely issue escalation and proactive communication of setup changes (i.e. malfunction in automated data loads and system issues) to management and designated escalation points and/or impacted stakeholders. Will also need to be able to clearly document processes/changes based on Supplier needs and or requirements;
- Authorizations: Adds new and maintains existing authorizations in EBS and the Authorization screen. These tables require proper coding of items to protect Arrow from quoting or selling product to unauthorized resellers.
- Request Management/Workflow: Respond to tickets for item set up, pricing/costing, authorization set up, part customer authorization hold releases & troubleshooting. This will also include working requests that come into the Data Integrity alias. Working requests in the DI box is just as important as working request out of the workflow tool.
- Problem Resolution: Troubleshoots error messages sent to the Data Integrity email queue from the various business groups (inside sales, sales operations, supplier accounting, accounts payable, and customer service groups) related to pricing and costing issues on quotes, orders, and post-sales vendor price variances. Ensures rapid resolution to avoid delays and customer satisfaction in quoting, placing, and shipping of orders.
- Audit/Projects: Maintains various tasks within the system that support the proper sales out reporting and correct ship & claim activities. This includes but is not limited to performing audit functions and projects to ensure data accuracy, integrity, and compliance with established supplier systematic architecture. Acts as a liaison between supplier and business. You will be responsible for auditing different aspects of the lines you support. This includes, but not limited to Price file audits, Authorizations audits, Pricing/costing audits.
What We Are Looking For
- 1-2 years’ of related experience
- Ability to multitask
- Basic excel skills (vlookups and pivot table experience preferred)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated
- 4 year degree preferred
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)