Business Operations Analyst - Sling TV Release Management at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Team responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Plan, coordinate, execute & complete all Production Release windows with minimal service disruption & any unplanned downtimes / service degradation.
- Collaborate with functional owners and business owners to prioritize and deploy feature functionality while ensuring the integrity of existing solutions.
- Take corrective action to address deviation from requirements during development.
- Process development, compliance and continued improvement.
- Identify risks and mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and track the progress of initiatives.
- Undertake any other relevant tasks, required by the Release Management leadership team.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work off regular hours and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Business Operations Analyst will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university OR 4 years of relevant work experience OR combination of education and relevant work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to interact effectively with various IT teams and C level executives
- Flexible, innovative and the ability to manage time and priorities in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment while being personal and professional
- Work experience in IT organizations or with IT development a plus
- Agile Scrum or SAFe training/experience a plus