Business Operations Analyst II
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Role: Payments, Risk and Fraud management Analyst (Business Operations Analyst II/ III)
An accomplished analyst ready to take the next step. This role is focused on understanding the data and drive business results from it.
- Read, analyze, and interpret common metrics used to measure and monitor operational performance. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and provide clear and concise communication with a wide audience of internal departments.
- Prepare, produce, and validate daily, weekly, and monthly reports specifically to measure, monitor, and alert the business in cases of unforeseen spikes, dips, trend changes.
- Locate and weave together data sources, validate the accuracy of the data, and build reporting for all levels of management within sales and retention..
- Design and implement reporting alerts to monitor for unforeseen spikes, dips, or trend changes in key business metrics.
- Analyze and interpret trends in metrics to Identify opportunities for improving existing processes to reduce risk and fraud while improving collection and customer satisfaction.
- Perform special projects, research, analysis, and presentations at the request of senior management.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from four-year College or technical school, preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics, and 2+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. A demonstrated ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- 2+ years of experience with SQL, experience with Tableau a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create and work with Pivot Tables, SUMIF, VLOOKUP functions, and exposure to Macros7
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and experience with VBA for Office a plus
Good understand of the payment lifecycle and experience in one of the areas of Billing, Collection, Risk or Fraud is a plus