Business Operations Analyst – Analytics Liaison
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be the primary point of contact and driver for Locals Solutions Sales team as it relates to all channel performance and profitability. Individual must be both data driven and operations minded in order to identify all headwinds and tailwinds impacting performance, as well as the business functionality impacting that performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manages measurement, project prioritization and execution of Sales, Locals and Hardware Bundles programs, including cross-functional coordination, issue resolution, and daily/weekly/monthly tasks.
- Monitors program expenditures and profitability analysis against the budget.
- Ensures direction and support to assure effectiveness and efficiency of program.
- Coordinates the implementation of reporting dashboards and metric tracking systems for evaluation purposes.
- Engage with all parties across the enterprise related to hardware usage and inventory levels including but not limited to Supply Chain, Distribution, Shipping, Direct and InDirect Sales and Distribution channels to ensure minimum levels of inventory to support all initiatives.
- Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE include the following:
- Functional Expertise: Proficient in leveraging existing Tableau dashboards; working with both Business and Sling Analytics teams to create new dashboards & data feeds; and compiling readouts for business units to enable optimization
- Team Player: Proactively identify issues and provide recommendations for resolutions; Is easy to work with, supportive of other teammates; and seeks out cross-functional relationships to access data sources and project prioritization. Assists in analysis of current procedures to make recommendations promoting more effective operations within the business.
- Strong Growth & Profitability Focus: Provides analytical support by analyzing business requests, answering questions, recurring reports and communications; Manages relations between stake-holders and key participants to effectively support analytical needs of the team; Quickly and effectively respond to requests from internal and external users; Meets deadlines while maintaining high-quality standards.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Preferred Qualifications - Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 4-6 years in an Analytical role
- Minimum Qualifications - Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or at least four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Highly innovative with an ability to manage time and priorities in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, partners and cross functional teams.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.