Business Intelligence Engineer at BetterCloud (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like HelloFresh, Oscar Health and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations Management.
Headquartered in New York City, with a product and engineering office in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
Our Analytics technology stack currently includes Python, BigQuery, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Airflow, and Tableau. We have integrated data from 10+ systems and have created a robust infrastructure to disseminate key insights across the organization. We don’t expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. We’re simply looking for people who are great at what they do, love it, and are eager to learn. If you have these qualities and want to join a high performing team, then we are the place for you!
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, finance, statistics, economics, information technology, or related discipline
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- 3-5 years in the analysis space as a Data Analyst, FP&A Analyst, or Analytics/Business Intelligence/Data Engineer
- 2+ years experience in Tableau or Looker or Power BI Data Visualization creating dashboards
- 2+ years Python experience, specifically for the automation of data retrieval from data sources such as third party systems, APIs, document stores, etc…
- 2+ years experience with any data warehouse ( BigQuery, Redshift, Postgres, etc..)
- Experience with any orchestration tool (Airflow, Dagster, Prefect, etc..)
What You’ll Do
- Drive metric generation and Tableau dashboard creation to provide key stakeholders with actionable insights across customer success, engineering, and the entire BetterCloud organization
- Facilitate the transfer of data from a variety of sources to BigQuery (for example: Kafka, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Salesforce, Our platform (BetterCloud)).
- Help maintain and improve existing infrastructure that powers our existing analytics and reporting technology stack by keeping up to date with the current data analytics landscape.
- Model data at rest in BigQuery to enable powerful data analysis via Tableau.
- Be an advocate for best practices and continued learning.
- Help drive the business and product architecture of the organization.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote - Qualified applicants based on most states of the U.S.A. are eligible for this position. Note that there are a number of states from where this position cannot be held.