Business Intelligence Data Analyst at Billtrust
As the Business Intelligence Data Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting our Professional Services, eSolutions, Credit, and Collections teams to drive business results. You will be the data expert responsible for acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources as a means to develop & implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that offer insight into operational efficiency, performance targets, and data inconsistencies. With an eye for accuracy and quality, you will be responsible for optimizing reporting tools, administering project data, building new reports, and providing metric-driven analyses to various levels of management and executive leadership. In this role, you will collaborate with others in the organization to understand business objects, interpret data, analyze results, suggest improvements to tracked metrics, and support the strategic planning around achieving departmental goals.
This position offers you a unique opportunity to develop robust reports while honing in on your curiosity to question and solve complex business issues to further accelerate the growth of our services.
- Compile and analyze all project data and other business metrics
- Create & maintain meaningful reports to share with various departments utilizing Microsoft Excel
- Acquire a solid understanding of the data, various data collection systems, & reporting
- Suggest and implement solutions to optimize reporting and processes; build out KPIs, streamline data migration through use of APIs from Clarizen and Salesforce
- Understand project management software workflow and fields utilized by the team and function as a platform administrator as necessary
- Carry out performance analysis and reporting in collaboration with management
- Understand departmental functions & how the various data points demonstrate efficiency & performance
- Collaborate and build rapport inter-departmentally and across other departments
- Partner with end-users to understand & support their reporting requirements
- Present data to various members of management in a consumable format that lends insight into the data without unnecessary complexity
- Be able to speak on reporting/data at various levels, depending on the audience (e.g. high-level with executives, detailed level with end-users)
- Perform ad hoc reporting to satisfy end-users
- Proven ability to create, maintain, analyze, and report on business data in a fast growing company – 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to create pivot tables, look up tables (LUT), and dynamic formulas; experience with Power BI or similar data visualization tool
- Knowledge of Project Management and CRM software such as Clarizen and Salesforce a plus
- Active listener who seeks to understand the root cause of issues and provides solutions
- Well-honed written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinker who investigates and seeks to understand the "why”
- Approachable and collaborative attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast changing work environment
- Strong desire to learn and learning agility
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Finance, Business, Accounting, or related field
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k): We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Flexible Work: Ability to work from home to support your lifestyle or our offices in Denver, Chicago, or Lawrenceville, NJ.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 18 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.