Velocity Global is one of the fastest growing self-funded companies in the United States and hands down one of the greatest places to work anywhere in the world. But it's not for everyone. There are certain qualities and passions you must have to fit into our "Team of 10's":
- We move with VELOCITY and you have to relish in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- We believe in being of service, which means you have to check your ego at the door
- We believe in taking our work seriously but not being serious at work
- We find passion in all things international business - it has to be in your bones
If you find the above personal attributes apply to you, continue reading.
Velocity Global is seeking a Business Intelligence Contractor to join our growing team in Denver, CO with the potential to turn into a contract-to-hire position. This individual will help empower our company to make data-driven decisions by providing timely data insights to stakeholders throughout various areas of the organization. This role will be responsible for harnessing our data in an effort to find relationships and insights between disparate data sets and presenting data-driven recommendations based on results.
This is a fast-paced role requiring flexibility to work with a number of different business units, while also being exposed to a variety of technologies. This role will require you to roll up your sleeves, have a fine eye for detail, and utilize and grow deeper understandings of data analysis tools and relational databases. This individual will report to our Business Intelligence & Analytics Manager.
- Develop reports and data models using SQL and LookML
- Develop end user dashboards and reports using Looker
- Create diagrams and documentation for the business in order to have a more concrete understanding of our data and how it flows between/within systems
- Suggest systemic and logistical improvements to our technology stack based on observations
- Assist in ensuring data quality and setting data integrity standards by establishing and implementing process controls
- Conduct ad-hoc projects, reports, and analyses
- Assist in developing and driving business intelligence adoption and growth throughout the business
- Build processes and standards that inspire trust with data and provide consistent metrics across the organization
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, degree in mathematics, finance, economics, computer science, or related analytical field, a plus
- 3-5 years of experience working in business intelligence or data analytics working with various functions across an organization (revenue, operations, etc.)
- Expert data modeling, database management and analytical skills required
- Expert in SQL. Experience with other data modeling languages (python, R, etc), a plus
- Experience working with Snowflake and Looker to transform, model, and present data
- Experience with ETL/ELT platforms
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
Velocity Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by State and/or Federal Law.