Business Intelligence Analyst at Convercent by OneTrust
The BI Analyst plays an integral role in the Convercent customer experience. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Product Adoption, this role contributes to our customer’s success by being the subject matter expert on visualizing data captured by our application. In addition, this role will ensure data quality and validation for our customers. On top of meeting the qualifications for the position, the ideal candidate will be ready to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gain expertise in Convercent application functionality, as it relates to customer data and reporting
- Import, clean, transform, validate and model data
- Ensure data import quality prior to customer hand-off and build data validation/user acceptance plans for customers to follow during their validation cycle
- Train internal and external customers how to read and make basic updates to reports
- Design and build dashboard reports from raw data tables in Excel and Tabular models
- Work closely with business intelligence, reporting, and customer onboarding teams
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of customer-facing experience with data analytics and data interpretation and demonstrated high technical aptitude
- Must be an expert in Microsoft Excel functionality, formulas, pivot tables
- Proficiencies in PowerBI, SQL Server Analysis Services, and GIT are required
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn proactively
- Passion for customer service
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Operate with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary compensation range provided here is just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications and education.
- Compensation: $70,000 - $80,000 base salary
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, and company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.