Business Intelligence Analyst at Billtrust
As the Business Intelligence Analyst, you will become a valuable member of the Data Intelligence Team and will turn data into knowledge to enable critical business decisions. You will work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to plan, develop, and implement initiatives to drive the strategic planning around achieving departmental goals and be responsible for supporting various teams across the company including our Sales, Business Payment Network, and Finance teams. You will be the data expert responsible for retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources, identifying key indicators and actionable insights, and effectively communicating the most important information to drive decisions.
This position offers you a unique opportunity to impact our fast-growing Fintech SaaS company by solving complex business issues to further accelerate the growth of our services.
- Compile and analyze data from all Billtrust databases and systems in order to provide analytics in meaningful ways to the end users in order to drive decision making
- Acquire a solid understanding of the data, various data collection systems, & reporting; compile data from Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle MySQL databases
- Suggest and implement solutions to optimize reporting and processes; build out KPIs, streamline data migration by working closely with our data engineers
- Identify and develop useful business analytics, interactive dashboards, and reports that provide insights that can be easily interpreted to improve business performance and revenue growth
- Actively engages in development and continual improvement of reports, data extracts, and analytics as appropriate
- Partner with end-users to understand, support their reporting requirements, and provide meaningful insights that enable them to formulate and attain strategic goals
- Be able to speak on reporting/data at various levels, depending on the audience (e.g. high-level with executives, detailed level with end-users)
- Design, develop, and evaluate recurring and ad hoc reporting / dashboards to drive and monitor the business and our products using best practices in data visualization and reporting tools, including Power BI or similar.
- Passion for spreading the value of data throughout the company and communicating insights to a broad audience with varying levels of technical expertise
- Proven ability to create, maintain, analyze, report on business data and implement strategic business plans in a fast growing company – 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Practical knowledge of data in various forms (data warehouses, unstructured data environments, delimited/flat files)
- Experience in quantitative analysis and statistical modelling
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to create pivot tables, look up tables (LUT), and dynamic formulas; must have experience with Power BI or similar data visualization tool
- Experienced in utilizing MySQL and SQL Server databases and working with large sets of data
- Active listener who seeks to understand the root cause of issues and provides solutions
- Well-honed written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinker who investigates and seeks to understand the "why”
- Approachable and collaborative attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast changing work environment
- Strong desire to learn and learning agility
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or related field OR 3 + years of relevant professional experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or related role
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.