Business Intelligence Analyst at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a curious, energetic and passionate individual to join our Analytics Department as a Business Intelligence Analyst. This individual should have strong technical skills and excellent communication skills. The Business Intelligence team is responsible for sharing key insights with all levels of the organization, so it requires the ability to tell the story behind our data. This role requires attention to detail, critical thinking, and creative problem solving.
- Develop, implement, and maintain automated reports on key results and performance metrics to support and improve business decisions
- Utilize multiple data systems and visualization tools to connect and share data
- Work closely with department managers, IT, and Data Governance teams to understand business needs, gather requirements, develop and document processes, and ensure necessary data and insights are available and easy to consume
- Perform ad hoc analyses and modeling as needed
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Bachelors/master’s degree in Data Science/Analytics
- Strong SQL and data visualization skills required; experience with AWS, Tableau preferred
- Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, and strong personal initiative
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills; must be able to simply and persuasively communicate business insights and intelligence to team members within other business units
- Strong collaborative/team work skills that encourage team partnership and promote enthusiasm; Ability to influence and collaborate across various functional groups including operations, sales, distribution, marketing, finance, programming and legal
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a high capacity to multi-task and handle tight deadlines