Business Intelligence Analyst at Sovrn
About the Team
The Business Intelligence team seeks to support Sovrn growth by providing timely and actionable insights to help the organization understand business drivers and performance. Our goal is to examine the business at different levels, be innovative in the way we look at our business, to be curious about industry trends, and improve our effectiveness in our mission to help publishers do more of what they want to do and less of what they don’t.
About the Job
You’ll utilize internal and external data to help leaders make informed decisions and identify opportunities to improve business operations. Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, you'll partner with leadership in the Demand organization to help them track and analyze performance, manage pipelines, plan, and forecast spend levels for Advertising Demand and Merchant partners.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Help managers understand what is happening in the business - Build, improve and manage performance monitoring/reporting, utilizing existing tools and systems or creating new ones. Act as the go-to resource for Demand team members looking to understand trends and/or patterns in performance. Understand how demand performance works in tandem with customer acquisition and trends on the sales side.
- Help leadership improve the business - Investigate performance of demand partners to identify growth levers and opportunities for improvement.
- Forecast and Plan the business - Work with the Salesforce administrator to improve sales operations of Demand team. Identify areas of improvement and implement solutions for more accurate pipeline tracking and reporting. Forecast closed won acquired revenue as part of weekly forecasting and bi-annual financial planning processes.
- Support Sales team with data driven insights - Understand KPIs for stated goals, identify trends and opportunities, provide data that can inform business leaders on planning for their business unit
You are driven, curious and pay attention to details. You thrive operating on your own, talking to others, and finding the answer. You’re quick to notice trends and make connections that others might miss. Fast paced environments are thrilling for you. We value committed, detail-oriented and thoughtful individuals who bring operational excellence as well as a creative, mindful approach to their work.
Successful candidates will have:
- Highly analytical with demonstrated attention to detail
- Has a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics, statistics, business administration or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
- Either has experience querying and analyzing data using SQL (or equivalent querying language) or strong financially oriented analytical experience with demonstrated aptitude for learning data systems
- Highly proficient with MS Excel
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results
- Demonstrate the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Must be able to work and communicate across the organization to obtain and understand data and stakeholders’ perspectives
- Proactively review current procedures and confidently make recommendations for improvements with consideration to internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated accountability for agreed upon deliverables and timetables
- Must be comfortable with working independently and using available resources to find answers.
Position Reports to: Manager of Business Intelligence
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!