Business Intelligence Analyst at PopSockets LLC
Business Intelligence Analyst
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here
We are looking for someone with a scrappy, get-it-done attitude who is passionate about analyzing data to solve business problems. This role will also have a heavy dose of exposure to senior management and candidates need a proven track record of distilling down complex data into actionable insights. The perfect candidate will have a customer-obsessed attitude and will be willing to roll up the sleeves to deliver value to the business.
- Support departments business-wide by assisting with the preparation of data sets, reports, and summaries using Looker, Power BI, and Excel/Google Sheets
- Develop smart, compelling dashboards and reports to track KPI’s, identify trends, and monitor the business.
- Collect requirements for extending data sources and structures
- Dive into complex data sets to analyze trends, identify opportunities, and quantify the potential value of new initiatives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with diverse teams to understand business objectives and details of different data sources.
- Recommend and implement processes to streamline and continuously improve our current reporting/analytics to raise awareness and drive corrective actions.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support
- 2-5 years in analyst role or similar, or BS/BA in a quantitative field of study
- 2-5 years report and dashboard development experience using Excel and other BI visualization tools such as PowerBI and Looker.
- Data mining skill set using tools such as SQL, Python, R, or similar .
- Working experience with relational database concepts and structures.
- Strong technical knowledge in areas like data models, segmentation techniques, data mining and database design
- Good skills in knowing how to run analysis, organization, collection and dissemination of big data accurately
- Experience with Shopify, Demandware/Commerce Cloud, Google Analytics, ERP or other similar tools.
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail required.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and proficiency in Microsoft Word.