Business Intelligence Analyst
Wowza Media Systems is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to collect and deliver business insights for the highest-level company priorities. Operating in a small team, you will identify and execute thoughtful analysis across ’s complex business landscape as you create and test hypotheses, draw insights, and develop compelling, synthesized recommendations. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering key take-aways and executable recommendations to cross functional business leaders / senior-level executives as well as driving the implementation and measured impact of your recommendations. As ’s Lead BI Analyst you are the go-to business data expert and thrive on solving highly analytical problems while using your inquisitiveness to synthesize and operationalize your key insights. You will work to support Wowza’s key corporate strategic initiatives and will be responsible for the overall program management and output of all related analytic projects.
What you will be doing:
- Program manage cross functional analytic projects
- Provide strong problem solving leadership and curiosity for complex and ambiguous problems
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses, and execute analysis—translating data into meaningful insights and presenting recommendations to key decision makers
- Provide review of execution against recommendations and measure ongoing impact
- Communicate findings and key takeaways to leadership and the broader organization
Experience we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Business, quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiar working with large data sets and analytical tools, including database languages like SQL
- Natural curiosity and inclination to formulate hypotheses, design tests, and evaluate results
- MBA degree or graduate degree in a management, technical, or engineering field
- 6 years of relevant work experience
- 3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity or corporate strategy
- Early stage company experience
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with impeccable business judgment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at empowering the heroes of live streaming. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces (with a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor).
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s global team is headquartered in the foothills of Colorado, with plenty of parking and where the deer, elk, and buffalo roam. Generous PTO and paid holidays, a healthy work-life-balance, and a 401K that vests immediately are among the many reasons we love working here.
The tight-knit crew benefits from a dog-friendly workplace, unlimited snacks, catered lunches, holiday parties, and more. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza’s team also works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.