Business Intelligence Analyst
Wowza Media Systems is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to collect and deliver business insights for the highest-level company priorities. Operating in a small team, you will identify and execute thoughtful analysis across ’s complex business landscape as you create and test hypotheses, draw insights, and develop compelling, synthesized recommendations. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering key take-aways and executable recommendations to cross functional business leaders / senior-level executives as well as driving the implementation and measured impact of your recommendations. As ’s Lead BI Analyst you are the go-to business data expert and thrive on solving highly analytical problems while using your inquisitiveness to synthesize and operationalize your key insights. You will work to support Wowza’s key corporate strategic initiatives and will be responsible for the overall program management and output of all related analytic projects.
What you will be doing:
- Program manage cross functional analytic projects
- Provide strong problem solving leadership and curiosity for complex and ambiguous problems
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses, and execute analysis—translating data into meaningful insights and presenting recommendations to key decision makers
- Provide review of execution against recommendations and measure ongoing impact
- Communicate findings and key takeaways to leadership and the broader organization
Experience we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Business, quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiar working with large data sets and analytical tools, including database languages like SQL
- Natural curiosity and inclination to formulate hypotheses, design tests, and evaluate results
- MBA degree or graduate degree in a management, technical, or engineering field
- 6 years of relevant work experience
- 3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity or corporate strategy
- Early stage company experience
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with impeccable business judgment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
Who we are:
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 20,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and leading the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world. As a result, we are growing rapidly, building out our teams, services and infrastructure.
What we love about working for Wowza
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
- Success based compensation that rewards performance!
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful start-up that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.