Quantum Metric helps organizations build better digital products faster. Our platform for Continuous Product Design gives business and technical teams a single version of truth that’s fast, quantified, and grounded on what customers actually experience. The result: Teams agree on priorities, build products customers love, and innovate with speed and confidence.
We are obsessed with helping businesses deliver better digital products and experiences. We encourage creative problem solving, rapid innovation and bold goal-setting. Our relatively flat organization structure keeps everyone informed and enables people to get involved in solving the problems they care about most. We are a close-knit team moving fast to deliver value to our customers and continue pushing the envelope as we develop new products.
About the Role
Quantum Metric creates data in silos: marketing, sales, product, customer success, HR, and finance. The Business Data Strategist will ensure that all business stakeholders have access to accurate, actionable data; help to disseminate that data as required (e.g., dashboards); and ensure data strategy can be supported.
You will be responsible for driving and actively participating in data-focused projects that require a data governance and quality point-of-view. This work will require strong leadership abilities as you’ll work both independently and with project teams to understand, research, resolve, document and communicate direction. You will utilize your knowledge of product data and will expand your understanding of the business as you work to determine effective solutions to data quality challenges.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to extract relevant data from existing operational databases into centralized operational database that will serve as the source of truth for all business decisions
- Evaluate business requirement documents for new systems as needed
- Develop an analytical data framework that can adapt to meet the evolving needs of a fast growing company, including “see around corners” to anticipate future analysis needs
- Design and implement data quality monitoring against operational data sources and data lake/warehouse to ensure adherence to standards with continuous improvement goals.
- Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
- Interpret and communicate results in a manner accessible to stakeholders
- Apply data visualization and summarization techniques to analytical results
- Mentor and train data analysts to meet company data analysis requirements
What we would love about you:
- Deep understanding and technical capability for system design, data governance and business strategy, ability to translate strategy into desired outcomes
- Strong understanding of data lineage, data warehousing and data platforming
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use data and logic to tell stories
- Ability to decompose complex problems into manageable parts
- Experience with data visualizations tools to discern critical information from large data sources
- 5+ years of professional experience in a data rich environment
- Minimum of 5 years experience with databases
- 2+ years Functional data governance experience
- Strong process management with proven ability to optimize and scale processes with the business
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Advanced expertise with SQL
- Strong communications skills across all mediums and audience types
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines; must be able to multitask and be proactive
Perks, Benefits, & Compensation
- This will be the best group that you ever work with! We support one another through challenges and win as a team. Your hard work will be well rewarded. Most importantly, you'll be strapped to a technology rocket ship bound for greatness! Your success at Quantum Metric will be a milestone in your career.
- Group benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (99% Medical base plan paid by the Company)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Telehealth options
- Voluntary Life & AD&D, STD, LTD
- Healthy Rewards – Discount Programs
- 401k and Options / Equity
- Time off (Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays)
- 12 company holidays
- 3 weeks (120 hours) accrued vacation
- Sick leave (according to state mandated allocation)
- Parental/Adoption Leave
- Promotional Opportunities
- Rewards and Recognitions programs
- One-time stipend for work at home employees
- Flexible work environments
- Employee Discount Program (Perks at Work)
- Employee Referral Program
- Lead Referral Program
- Latest MacBook Pro and awesome swag delivered to your door
- Supportive and collaborative culture
- Compensation: Base $100,000- 120,000 + $10-15k bonus target
About Quantum Metric
Our mission is to help brands deliver standout digital experiences for their customers. Enterprises are using Quantum Metric to build customer-centric digital products that drive revenue and foster brand loyalty. In 2020, Quantum Metric was ranked 124 in the Inc 5000, a list of America's fastest-growing private companies.
Since our founding in 2015, we’ve been serving Fortune 500 customers across e-commerce, travel and hospitality, financial services and insurance, and telecommunications. The typical Quantum Metric customer achieves a full investment payback within three months of beginning to use our real-time digital intelligence platform and, on average, a 376% ROI over three years.
In January of 2021, Quantum Metric secured its place as the first tech unicorn of the year with an above $1 billion valuation and a $200 million Series B funding round, and we are using those funds to thoughtfully scale our team for the long-term. If your background matches the above role and you’re interested in joining a team of people with exceptional potential from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences, we want to hear from you.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Quantum Metric reserves the right to change, edit, and add duties and responsibilities of all job descriptions at any time, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective employee accordingly.
Quantum Metric is an E-Verify employer: