PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014, and 165 millionth sold in 2019. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
In 2020, PopSockets was named the Best Company (of our size) to Work for in Colorado by ICC and ColoradoBiz Magazine, after being a runner up in 2019. We were also named on Built In Colorado’s list of Best Midsize Places to work in 2020. We were Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US for 2018, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the previous three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Or check out our awesome careers video here!
The initial focus of this position will be to support the finance and accounting teams in providing accurate and data-based forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics. You will be a key contributor in the research and analysis of financial information to help PopSockets make well informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements. Over time this position will transition to an overall business analyst supporting all areas of the company.
- Perform forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including standardized reporting
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- 3+ years of business finance or other relevant analytics experience
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Strong fluency with Excel and BI tools, specifically Looker and PowerBI
- BA, BS in Accounting/Finance/Economics/Business
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.