At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
Our business is complicated, with a large team of sales and operations professionals working to grow our network of over 200,000 service professionals. We’re constantly exploring better ways to operate, and trying new things; coupled with our rapid growth there are innumerable opportunities to support the company with your insight. This makes the Operations Analyst role critical to the continued success of HomeAdvisor by providing the information necessary to make great decisions.
We work daily with the operations and product leadership teams to develop, execute, monitor, and refine initiatives that drive value and quantify that value as it pertains to financial performance. The role covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities, from reporting to strategic analysis to test market evaluation. This won’t be a monotonous job – the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. The ability to jump into uncharted waters and manage multiple projects with changing priorities is a must.
You’ll need to know your way around Excel, have an aptitude for relational databases, and a solid helping of common/business sense. As important as your analytical skills, your ability to synthesize large data sets into digestible information will be key. In your first year our goal is to have you capable of querying our database for insights, communicate opportunities to leadership, then establish reporting and ongoing monitoring to ensure proper execution of the strategy. This is not a “take orders” environment – you are here for your passion and input about improving HomeAdvisor – bring us ideas and pursue new approaches to solving problems to make us better and smarter!
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a financial/business analysis role
- Advanced Excel experience; knowledge of SQL, Access, or other relational databases
- Strong grasp of statistics
- Experience with visual analytics such as Tableau a plus
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
2 years: Professional experience as a data/business analyst
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Advanced Excel skills
Experience with SQL, R, relational database, and/or Tableau a plus