Business Analyst (Sales)
The Business Analyst (Sales) is responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of sales related data in an on-going effort to increase the overall sales productivity and formulate business strategies and recommendations to drive revenue growth. The role is a go-to team member, managing projects and collaborating across corporate functions (e.g., finance, marketing, human resources, product development) to support a global go-to-market organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Data Analysis and Insights
- Collect, analyze and report data to sales leadership to increase sales productivity.
- Analyzes sales and performance records, interprets results of overall sales, and makes recommendations to increase return on investments.
- Guide the sales team in entering accurate forecast in Salesforce.com, generate reports for forecast and collaborate forecasts into reports; creating ad hoc reports by request.
- Identify patterns in data and reporting to proactively inform strategic decision making.
- Validate compensation structures using mathematical models
Sales Support and Training
- Assist administering onboarding and upskilling programs, including SFDC training
- Partner with Sales Enablement team members to create training curricula
- Manage content and training platforms that are used to upskill and onboard sales people
- Orchestrate the creation of videos and audio recordings of subject matter experts
- Collaborate with other corporate functions to establish and optimize internal processes
- Support change management initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Math or Accounting or the equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency using MS Office products, specifically Excel and PowerPoint. May also need to perform basic SQL queries for data reporting purposes.
- Experience performing complex analysis and ability to manage large sets of data.
- Ability to capture and document business and reporting requirements from multiple sources.
- Ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous data analysis requests of varying size and scope.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to explain analysis and recommendations to all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com CRM is preferred.
- Experience working with sales compensation programs is preferred.