Business Analyst, IT Construction and Procurement at Prologis (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Business Analyst, IT Construction and Procurement
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
The Business Analyst will facilitate and drive strategic conversations with business partners to elicit, analyze, document, communicate, and validate business requirements and processes. This role is encouraged to engage in and lead activities related to software development, people change management, data governance, process improvement, business policy change, and reporting and analytics. This role resides within the IT Business Capability – Construction & Procurement team and will interface between software developers, quality assurance testers, and business units to transform Prologis’ construction and procurement technology capabilities.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Elicit requirements through in-person or virtual communications.
- Work with Construction and Procurement teams to take business and application requirements and model those into data concepts.
- Document & communicate business requirements in the form of user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrate a specialist understanding of the business’ need, and a keen understanding of data governance principals and data lineage concepts.
- Analyze and document current-state versus future-state business processes.
- Analyze and communicate key metrics.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with the business and technical teams to prioritize requirements, evaluate solutions, identify potential risks, define proposed solutions, and propose interim workarounds.
- Identify and resolve conflicts and negotiate changes in priorities, design, and/or scope.
- Facilitate demonstrations, user acceptance testing, and occasional training activities around the release of new improvements or functionality.
- Lead and execute people-change management plans by analyzing the impact of change on various business partners.
- Successfully engage in multiple, simultaneous initiatives, estimate time required to deliver artifacts, and report progress toward delivery goals.
- Work independently with minimal direction, with equal ability to work closely with the team.
Tell us if you're ready.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction, Procurement, Project Management or related field (and/or equivalent experience).
- 3-7 years of Business experience.
- Experience with business analysis and Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience working on Construction and Procurement initiatives and technologies preferred.
- Experience planning and leading people change management efforts.
- Experience working with executives and senior business leadership.
- Experience with an Agile planning tool such as JIRA, etc.
- Instinct to ask relevant probing questions that get to the “why” behind business requests to achieve outstanding outcomes.
- Work effectively with teams with varied strengths of hardworking people with multiple perspectives and talents.
- Comfortable with consensus building and soliciting constructive feedback.
- Self-motivated focus on continual development, results delivery, high performance, accountability.
- Strong critical thinking and verbal/written communication skills, with the ability to distill relevant and accurate information from potentially ambiguous business descriptions.
- Shown ability to multitask, effectively handle time across contending activities and resources, and prioritize activities accordingly.
- Consistent track record to make recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors (e.g. cost, risk, short-term vs. long-term impact) and are supported by a sound fact-base to achieve an efficient outcome.
- Sophisticated expertise in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio (or similar equivalent products).
Hiring Salary Range of: $64,000 - $80,000. Salary and whole compensation package (bonus target) to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.#LI-LG
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time