Business Analyst II at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team
Be a part of a highly productive team at FIS in Retail Digital Payments Product Operations.
Our Product Ops team members are subject matter experts for Zelle, Retail Bill Pay, Disburse Pay, People Pay, Fraud and more.
Our clients are Financial Institutions that use our software products to facilitate consumer transactions like Zelle and Bill Pay.
We are looking for a highly detailed person to learn the products assigned to them and dig into process improvements and offer Tier 3 support to clients as needed.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be conducting various types of research and analysis to support business operations of an internal business segment, division, group, or line of business. You will assist management in resolving business issues in an effective and productive manner. You will design, document, and re-engineer business processes and publish business metrics results.
- You will perform analyses of the business goals, objectives and needs of the general business environment for appropriate FIS segment, division, group or line of business.
- You will research and analyze business operations and present findings to the manager or project leader.
- You will make recommendations (using FIS systems and data) for process improvements to support business systems and activities that deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency. You will determine the estimated costs/benefits of these improvements.
- You will document business processes, metrics and improvement opportunities.
- You will gain relationship experience with clients and vendors by leading meetings internally and externally.
- Outside of regular Product Operations activities, you will perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
What you bring:
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
- Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
- Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies, e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise with other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back to your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.