Business Analyst II at Vertafore
Business Analysts provide business and technical expertise to our customers, including analysis, product and service implementation, training and support. BAs shape and improve the experience of key Vertafore clients. They work cross-functionally with Customer Support, Account Management, Professional Services and Product Management to help guide the client and contribute to the future growth of the team.
A business analyst at Vertafore works directly with clients, which means they need to be a proactive self-starter, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and service-focused to help nurture the client experience.
Our BA IIs develop a specialization within a specific expertise. They are capable of working independently and in a team. They are accountable and responsible for the completion of part of a project, are a mentor, and can lead a team.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Works with the customer and team to provide business alternatives and recommends solutions before, during, and after the implementation process.
- Identifies, evaluates, and documents customer business requirements and identifies technical needs
- Uses a variety of techniques and tools to test, verify and support client implementation projects, varying in scope and complexity
- Develops and delivers customer training for support User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Collaborates with internal team to identify the best approach to implement customer requirement utilizing Vertafore products suite
- Works with customers to create business use cases and test plans for execution
- Analyzes configuration and workflow issues and documents their resolutions
- Documents customer business process workflows
- Engages in larger and more complex projects and initiatives
- Works independently to provide business alternatives and recommend solutions that may be long-term and strategic in nature
- Applies a more focused set of techniques with greater levels of expertise to resolve more complex business problems
- Works cross-functionally with teams in India and the U.S.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as a business analyst in a technical, customer focused environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced organizational skills with a project management mindset
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technically savvy
- Relevant certifications preferred
- Insurance industry experience preferred
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Remote work considered
- Travel required up to 25% of the time
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.