Business Analyst II at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Business Analyst II
Provide critical and timely intelligence in support of Life Cycle Strategy in Ball Aerospace Tactical Solutions. Develop and effectively communicate market, customer, and competitor intelligence that directly impacts strategic direction and long-range planning
What You'll Do:
- Conduct your own open-source research projects focused on Department of Defense markets, customers, and competitors.
- Work closely with strategic leads to analyze technical markets, understand findings and make strategic recommendations.
- Develop and present reports summarizing research findings.
- Research, analyze, and communicate intelligence assessments.
- Support the assessment of competitor positions and approaches to new business opportunities.
- Collect and present data associated with TS strategic activities including information related to cost, the business environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- MBA preferred.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- A basic understanding of business capture and strategic planning. Some experience here is preferred.
- Experience in open course DOD research, analysis, and assessments. Including Presidential Budget documents, department of defense solicitations, etc.
- Interest and knowledge in physical sciences, engineering, technology, and aerospace.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly determine and communicate relevant information and intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment.
- Working knowledge of the following is desired:
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- DACIS and Govwin
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $75,000 - $102,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.