Business Analyst, FIS University Program at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Program!
As a 2022 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June and September with a dedicated "Learning Week" where you will:
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
This position is for a September 19th 2022 start.
About The Team
You will be a vital member of the internal Merchant (payments) strategy consulting team within FIS. The role offers the opportunity to help shape and lead the strategy for the fastest growing business unit for a leading Fortune 500 fintech. Overall, the team is responsible for driving the medium term (3-5 years) growth of the merchant business, and we need your help to do it! Specifically, the team is tasked with a few top priority areas:
1. Crafting Business Unit Strategy for the $43 billion Worldpay business unit
2. Competitive Alliances - broker "win win" deals w/ other leading global Fintechs
3. Competitor Intelligence - framing our competitors' strategic positioning for FIS senior executives & board members
4. M&A Strategy - help lead our M&A process to advance Merchant priorities
5. Portfolio Management - strengthen where (and how) we play in the market today
6. Ad Hoc Executive Projects - serve as the "tiger team" for critical questions related to Merchant
7. High Priority Project Support - advocate for support of high priority projects to FIS executives
What You Will Be Doing
Members of the Merchant Strategy Team will provide support for the 8 outlined initiatives and deliverables of the team, outlined below. You will have the opportunity to participate in a mix of the items below, depending on business need and your own individual interests. If you are especially passionate about one particular area, it's possible to spend the bulk of your time in that area, or a combination of areas where you are most passionate. Think of it as an opportunity to explore different interests while making an impact on the company. These areas of support will include:
Business Unit Strategy
Framing how we think about the different segments of the market. Identifying how and where we currently play in the market, as well as where our competitors play. Identifying where we want to play going forward, and our plan for executing on that strategy. Gain buy-in from critical stakeholders in senior leadership across the organization.
Map out FIS' current assets, as well as critical needs or gaps. Leverage that work to build a pipeline of prospective competitive alliances. Help provide support to deal framing, negotiations, & strategy to broker "win-win" competitive alliances.
Conduct desk research, internal research w/ subject matter experts, and external research (as required) to articulate our competitors' strategies and recent "strategic moves". Identify key disruptive threats in payments, quantify their impact/risk to the business, and help us to develop a plan for responding to these threats. Help communicate these findings to our senior leadership teams.
Help shape our overall M&A strategy, tying it back to the broader business unit strategy. Help develop and build a process for screening and monitoring a continuous pipeline of asset prospects, performing due diligence on those assets, and aiding with post-deal implementation of M&A targets.
Engage with commercial leaders across the Merchant business to help identify underperforming pockets of the business, and develop tactical go-forward plans to rethink the way we manage those portions of the Merchant business.
Ad Hoc Executive Projects
Engage with FIS senior leadership to help answer emerging questions of critical strategic importance. May involve internal data analysis, external research, or a combination of different activities.
Support for High Priority Projects
Help articulate the business case around critical strategic projects for Merchant. Serve as an advocate to senior leadership to ensure high priority projects receive adequate funding and internal support.
Team Experience and Culture
Help support our key culture and experience initiatives within the Sales and Go-to-Market function of FIS, including helping out with our recruiting and engagement strategy, aiding executives in preparing key team communications (such as quarterly all-hands meetings, key office communications, etc.), and helping to support an overall positive culture for the SGTM team.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree from job discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity w/ Microsoft office suite of products
Added Bonus If You Have
- Strong excel & PowerPoint skills
- Experience in diagnostic/forensic interviewing
- Exposure to hypothesis-driven decision making
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Flexibility to work on areas that balance the needs of FIS w/ your own individual interests and passion
- Strong professional training and experience that will accelerate your future career
- Ability to learn to drive workstreams w/ senior stakeholder audiences
- Gain insight into how executives think about managing and leading a Fortune 500 fintech firm
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Student Loan Repayment Program: FIS will PAY OFF your principal loan balance over 10 years of service! Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program and is for U.S. participants
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.