Business Analyst - Ecommerce at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Imagine building the foundations for multi-lingual, multi-currency ecommerce websites that support global business for customers from all over the world. Our team is highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate about our work. We pride ourselves on adherence to modern programming methodologies, resulting in well-functioning processes that consistently deliver on-time, on-target releases while minimizing unnecessary meetings and busywork. We mix up responsibilities, never allowing our team members to become siloed, and are always exploring the latest technologies. We're looking for a team member who wants to work hard, find innovative solutions, and see results in real-world applications.
Our newest Business Analyst (BA) team member will help guide our eCommerce web presence development as a member of the arrow.com storefront development & delivery team. This includes gathering and understanding business strategy and needs in order to identify how best to meet those needs through software development. The BA will facilitate discussions and act as a relationship manager between business and IT teams - maintaining the project queue and owning the requirements for the application and end-user operation.
This role will analyze, validate and document business, functional, and system requirements through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry trends. The BA will utilize modern software delivery methodologies to carry out their responsibilities.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Learn and understand current state business operations & functional architecture
- Work with business stakeholders to understand the business need behind initiatives in order to create user stories and acceptance criteria for delivery to your web developers and testers.
- Take all inputs provided, making sense of them, and present them back in a way that provides clarity on the subject at hand.
- Create process flow diagrams to help illustrate complex requirements and concepts.
- Work with the UX/Design team on user experience and designs.
- Work with QA to validate that the intent of the user stories was accurately developed and work with developers to remediate any misunderstandings.
- Leverage prior experience with website development projects to learn the ins and outs of www.arrow.com including, for example, the dependencies on various web services it takes to construct each web page.
- Help maintain the software product backlog by working through what’s prioritized based on ROI and business demands.
- Communicate significant changes to the website with the appropriate stakeholders before, during and after release.
- Create training documentation for knowledge transfer to end users and stakeholders on new features.
- Identify and resolve gaps between new and existing business processes and applications.
- Work with team members and stakeholders across the country and around the world.
- Be the subject matter expert for your team's focus area.
- Forecast impediments to sprint completion during planning to mitigate risk and set realistic expectations.
- Facilitate backlog refinement sessions with your team.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field
- Experience in eCommerce and web technologies
- Analytical and investigation skills
- Ability to understand the bigger picture & guide teams toward an end goal
- Working knowledge of data and process modelling
- Requirements elicitation and comprehension skills
- Agile & Scrum methodology experience
- Great spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to guide a team to a shared understanding
- Presentation & white-boarding skills
- Interpersonal and managerial skills
- Preferred: Experience in Site Search and CMS, such as Solr and Sitecore.
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That is why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Deeply discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees! (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)