Business Analyst -- Do Good. Do Well. Have Fun Doing It.
LiteracyPro creates software for social good. Our data collection and reporting systems helps government and community-based organizations help hundreds of thousands of disadvantaged people improve their opportunities to get jobs with sustainable, living wages for themselves and their families. Enjoy being part of a fun group of bright, passionate folks, in a great working environment, with generous salary & benefits while helping those who help others.
Our Company is currently experiencing explosive growth due to increasing national demand for our software, and we’re looking for that rare, accomplished leader who wants to do good, get paid well and have fun doing it. We’re seeking someone with an energizing leadership style, who has the smarts, passion and people skills to work directly with internal and external stakeholders to understand business objectives and translate them into business and system requirements.
The BA will liaison with both development and business stakeholders to ensure a balance between customer needs and technical concerns to make sure objectives are met. This position requires you to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Given the highly execution-focused nature of the work, the ideal candidate will roll up their sleeves to ensure that their projects meet deadlines and will look for ways to optimize processes in future cycles.
- Translate product vision and customer needs into solid business requirements.
- Conduct user research, draft requested features, validate and extend requirements by interfacing with all stakeholders.
- Write persona-based user stories with clear and concise definitions and explicit acceptance criteria.
- Anticipate problems before they become emergencies.
- Develop and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Work collaboratively with the development/QA teams to ensure they understand the customer needs for the requested feature.
- Represent the development organization and bring their concerns to business stakeholders.
- Understand key industry processes and systems and how they operate/integrate.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Business Analyst.
- Strong technical background; can talk and understand development-related concepts and issues and represent those to the business stakeholders.
- Experience communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven analytical skills working across multiple business areas.
- Excellent attention to detail and can produce high-quality deliverables.
- Experienced with the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated; capable of working independently without supervision.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and can quickly adapt to changes.
- Can manage multiple initiatives and projects with critical deadlines.
- Approach challenges with energy and positivity.
“To be a powerful force of good in the world by creating revolutionary tools for those serving humanity.”
- Aptitude to thrive in a pioneering environment and successfully manage multiple priorities and projects with critical deadlines.
- Insanely curious, naturally approaches challenges with energy and positivity.
- Your word is your bond. Your sincerity and honesty easily generate a deep sense of admiration and loyalty in your team.
- You’re an exceptional listener; you ask lots of questions to better understand complex problems and interpersonal matters.
- You can laugh at yourself; you’re only human and make mistakes like the rest of us.
Our Core Values:
The very core of LiteracyPro Systems is our genuine belief in, and adherence to, the company’s six core values:
- Honesty and ethical behavior above all else
- Teamwork—we sink or swim together
- Work hard, have fun
- Passion for excellence—second best will never suffice
- We follow through on our commitments—we mean what we say and we say what we mean
- Service to our community
These six core values guide us in everything we do—from the commitments we make and the execution of our business plan, to the way we treat each other on a daily basis. Our values foster a deep sense of responsibility to our customers, vendors, and investors as well as to fellow team members. We are driven by the satisfaction of excellence.