In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
Statistician will contribute key statistical expertise to our rapidly growing Companion Diagnostics program and will perform a variety of statistical analyses, code development, analysis validation. This person will work closely with fellow statisticians and biostatisticians, subject matter experts, technical leads, data scientists, and quality assurance personnel to think creatively and achieve ambitious goals to advance the treatment of cancer.
- Use a wide variety of rigorous statistical methods/techniques to analyze diverse data types generated from high throughput sequencing studies aimed at advancing cancer therapies.
- Translate assay development, bioinformatic and regulatory needs into actionable data/statistical analyses and outputs.
- Communicate statistical ideas, concepts, and analytic results with key stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Develop source code for statistical analysis in R (JMP or Python may be used/required as well) and validate others’ code.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures (including proper documentation and version control) and work in a manner compliant with regulatory standards.
- Assist with the analytic/statistical needs of the company across company divisions/departments when necessary.
- Work effectively and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- MS with 2+ years of relevant industry experience or PhD in statistics, applied statistics, biostatistics, or related field.
Experience or familiarity with the following statistical concepts/methods/techniques:
- General and generalized linear and non-linear modeling (Linear and Non-Linear Regression, Splines, Logistic Regression, Negative Binomial Regression, Polychotomous Logistic Regression, Poisson Regression etc.)
- General and generalized linear and non-linear mixed modeling (Growth Curve Analysis, Hierarchical Linear Modeling etc.)
- Generalized Estimating Equations.
- Multivariate Analysis (Cluster Analysis, Factor Analysis, PCA, MANOVA, Discriminant Analysis etc.)
- Power Analyses
- Graduate coursework in statistical theory as well as strong empirical skills.
- Knowledge of Bayesian methods and machine learning techniques a plus.
- Proficiency with R and SAS and familiarity with GitHub
- Ability to create visualizations that effectively communicate statistical results
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex concepts to non-experts
- Ability to meet goals in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Understanding of molecular biology/genomics a plus
Read Full Job Description