Bioinformatics Associate (Clinical Services) (ADX-35-20)
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Algorithm development in sequence analysis and quantitative data analysis
- Exploratory ad-hoc analysis of experiments
- Data analysis and visualization
- Algorithm testing and optimization
- Design scalable, maintainable and well tested commercial grade software
- Additional duties as assigned
- Follow team policies for producing both ad-hoc analysis and commercial software
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- 2+ years of bioinformatics experience
- Proficiency with python and standard bioinformatics tools (e.g. GATK, bowtie, bwa, etc)
- Formal statistics background is a plus
- Formal software development experience (preferred)
- Drive and determination
- Demonstrated scientific problem solving skills
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance success of project and maintain strong relationships within all parts of company
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a start-up/change oriented environment
- Self Starter
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand-holding
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure that focus on growth and success of company is achieved
- BS/MS/PhD in bioinformatics, computer science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience