Bioinformatician III - CDX/IVD (ADX-226-19) at ArcherDX
ArcherDX, headquartered in Boulder, CO, is committed to the advancement of personalized medicine by making next-generation sequencing technology more reliable and accessible. We seek like-minded individuals who share our values of curiosity, passion and grit to meet these goals.
Make it happen by joining us in the fight against cancer.
- Algorithm development in sequence analysis and quantitative data analysis
- Exploratory ad-hoc analysis of experiments
- Data analysis and visualization
- Algorithm testing and optimization
- Design scalable, maintainable and well tested commercial-grade software
- Follow team policies for producing IVD/CDX software in the planning and development stages of a regulatory submission
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- 4+ years of bioinformatics experience
- Proficiency with Python and standard bioinformatics tools (e.g. GATK, bowtie, bwa, etc)
- Formal statistics background is a plus
- Formal software development experience (preferred)
- Drive and determination
- Demonstrated scientific problem-solving skills
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the project and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a start-up/change-oriented environment
- Self Starter
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand-holding
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure that focus on growth and success of company is achieved
- MS/PhD in bioinformatics, computer science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience