Big Data Engineer at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Help to build a hybrid On-Premise/Cloud infrastructure.
- Gain expertise with Hadoop/HDFS, Hive, HBase, Phoenix, Kafka, Presto, Impala.
- Help teams build and optimize applications for Big Data.
- Engage in design discussions around data lineage and application management.
- Work with monitoring tech stacks (Prometheus, Grafana, Consul).
- Engage in the design of log aggregation and application monitoring to quickly diagnose resource intensive or unoptimized applications.
- Work with high-performance high-density hardware in Arrows on-premise data center.
- Design, plan and test streaming data workflows.
- Develop automation software around the Big Data stack.
What We're Looking For
- Excellent coding skills (Python and Java preferred) are mandatory.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and within a group.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are a must.
- The position typically requires a 4 year degree and 2 years of related experience or equivalent work experience.
Candidates are expected to be familiar with most of the following technology areas:
- Big Data theory
- Distributed Computing
- Operating systems (Unix, Linux preferred)
- Coding/Automation Experience
- Networking concepts
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Deeply discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)