Big Data Engineer II at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Arrow Electronics is currently seeking a Big Data Engineer II to work in our Arrow Digital division at our global headquarters in Centennial, CO!
What You'll Be Doing
- Understand business requirements and provide suitable design.
- Design, implement and maintain production level data pipeline across various data sources.
- Ability to quickly prototype a solution to prove out the technical feasibility and business value.
- Scale up prototypes (ETL/ML model/services) from end-to-end using relevant technologies.
- Test and monitor to ensure product quality to live up to the business SLA.
- Diagnose, debug and fix existing workflows and applications.
- Research and learn new tools and frameworks.
- Technical documentation.
What We're Looking For
- Greater than 8 years of working experience and more than 4 years in relevant field.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience working with Big Data: Hadoop, Cloudera (CDH), Spark Hive, Impala, HBase, etc.
- Strong programming experience in any of the following language Python/Java.
- Must have a strong command of SQL.
- Must have good working knowledge of Unix file system and shell scripting.
- Strong communication verbal and written skill.
- Greater than 2 years working experience with CDH.
- Hands-on experience working with popular big data frameworks listed below, like Hadoop/Spark/Hive/Impala/HBase and others.
- Experience operating under an agile work environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable RESTful APIs.
Even Better if You Have
- Experience with production level machine learning applications (training/inferencing/deployment).
- Basic understanding of machine learning techniques and models.
What We Offer at Arrow
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees! (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- Free covered parking, included bicycle and motorcycle parking
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)