BI Engineer at VIZIO (Greater Denver Area, CO)
About the Team
BI engineers will design, implement, and maintain systems used to collect and analyze business intelligence data. This role will create dashboards, databases, and other platforms that allow for efficient collection and evaluation of BI data. Work closely with different stakeholders to gain an understanding of BI goals and objectives to ensure the systems and their capabilities support competitive research efforts that achieve those goals. They may train other staff members in the use of BI tools and programs.
What You Will Do
- In collaboration with IT and business stakeholders lead the analyzation of large data sets and explore new analytical tools to deliver data that analysts and data scientists can rely on to answer complex business questions.
- Assist in engaging business stakeholders in requirements gathering and user story development as well as in solution designing to address the requirements and solve pain points.
- Create and drive improvement of tools and reporting/dashboards to support sales, marketing and business planning teams and finance with aim of creating actionable insights.
- Monitor data quality for cleanliness and fix discrepancies. Ensure data accuracy through validation tasks, review data at all granular/aggregate levels, and versioning.
- Independently lead non-IT BI projects and strive to proactively improve process efficiency, making recommendations for process and system improvements where applicable.
- Create, maintain, and enhance Sales, Business Planning and Finance data sources to drive actionable insights.
- Develop documentation for all system related projects.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business stakeholders to understand processes, analyze information needs and define functional requirements.
- Extract and analyze data, patterns, and related trends as needed, with the subsequent ability to synthesize the data into consumable and actionable information for the business.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor's Degree
Area of Study: (ex: Computer Science, Finance & Accounting, Engineering, Statistics etc.)
- Years of related work experience: 3-5 years
- Proficient with BI visualization tools (preferably Tableau)
- Experience with ETL tools required
- Proficient with Alteryx, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Supply Chain reporting experience is a plus
- Proficiency with SQL a plus
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For California-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $ 100,000 /year. The maximum salary for this position $ 130,000 / year. The compensation package includes the annual bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision and other benefits.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $100,000/year. The compensation package includes the annual bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision and other benefits.