BI Developer at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the following:
- Analyze, design, develop, implement and support Business Intelligence solutions based on business requirements and technical specifications.
- Create queries to support data analysis and ad hoc information requests.
- Design and develop logical and physical data models and frameworks to support reporting applications.
- Perform data integration activities including ETL and ELT development.
- Follow established standards and best practices and provide input for improvement of those processes.
- Analyze data to interpret trends, patterns and quality using statistical/analytical techniques and tools.
- Manage performance of BI components through tuning and optimization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in the Business Intelligence space
- 4 year Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Related Degree
- 2+ years Power BI experience required
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end deployments of data warehouse and BI solutions
- Adept at SQL queries with experience in constructing/deconstructing complex reports and queries
- In depth understanding of data management concepts: data modeling; database design and development; tuning and optimization
- Hands on experience with Power BI dashboard
- Knowledge of and experience with standardized ETL tools (Informatica, ODI, SSIS, etc.) and databases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Expertise in understanding business process flow and designing reports with demonstrated experience in requirement gathering, business user interactions and converting requirements into specifications
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Even Better if you Have:
- Exposure to Oracle ERP systems – R12, preferred
- Masters degree in Computer Science or Related Degree
- Background in UI/UX design
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
- Baseline understanding of advanced topics – Big Data, AI, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, etc.
What We Offer at Arrow:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Free covered parking, included bicycle and motorcycle parking
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)