We are seeking an individual who is driven by data with a business mindset. The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for tackling complex business problems and converting data into meaningful and actionable business drivers and opportunities.
THE FUN STUFF
- Build, improve and manage company performance metrics that drive business decisions.
- End-to-end ownership of business intelligence data warehousing and reporting
- Collaborate with internal teams to bring ideas to fruition, set benchmarks, assess risk and coordinate solutions with Marketing, Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales and Finance.
- Extract data from multiple sources with demonstrated ability to effectively decipher, analyze and report data
- Develop reports and dashboards using SQL, Chartio (or similar technology) and/or Excel for internal and external customers
- Leverage analytic problem solving skills in working with large disparate, datasets to report metrics and performance
- Preparation and automation of recurring / ad hoc reporting assignments
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 3-4 years’ experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions and making recommendations; consulting industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related quantitative discipline
- Strong SQL query writing skills required.
- Understanding of subscription business models
- Experience with creating and presenting management dashboards and reports
- Experience with data visualization/business intelligence tools.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communicator and interest in leading projects
- Ability to meet established timelines
- Analytical mindset and passion for gleaning actionable insights from raw data
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Growth Mindset: We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take initiative and take ownership to be successful in the role.
- Customer Mindset: You demonstrate customer fluency by advocating their needs, understanding their friction and have the urgency to solve their problems.
- Extraordinary Communicator: Communication is the key to success. Regardless of your level or position, you treat people and their opinions with respect. You are able to be concise, articiulate and honest in the delivery of your message.
- Humbly Courageous: Learn through a willingness to fail, correct and move on.
- Innately Curious: Status quo is not for you. You are inquisitive and remain open to new ideas and points of view. You seek to understand the ‘why’ and understand the how to our business.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Ability to make tough decisions by identifying the root cause and applying second-order thinking.
- Highly Impactful: Results speak louder than words and you have the drive and resilience to rapidly shifting priorities to meet business objectives.
- At the top of the list is simply that you will have a will have a voice and an impact on the success of Automox and on the security of customers like NASA, Xerox, DollarShaveClub, TripAdvisor, GE Healthcare and more.
- A strong proven leadership team backed by founders of Tenable, Carbon Black, RSA, AlienVault, Internet Security Systems, ThreatGrid, Phantom Cyber along with world-class venture capital.
- Great downtown Boulder location - (Walk to lunch!)
- Downtown Parking
- Free Eco Bus Pass - (Office is right across the street from the Boulder bus station)
- Health/Dental/Vision/Insurance Benefits
- Participation in Automox Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Open vacation policy - (take what you need to stay energized)
- Standup desks, quiet spaces, and snacks and yes… coffee.
- Rooftop deck and amazing views (we celebrate victories both big and small)
- Monthly team-building rituals (hikes, ice cream breaks, lunch and learns, cross-team opportunities)
Come join the adventure!