Associate Scheduling Planner at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Associate Scheduling Planner
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate and schedule all incoming/outgoing build documents within assigned department.
- Create and effectively maintain all build documents within assigned work centers.
- Collect and verify production data and calculate statistical data for use in reports.
- Check and post data to production logs, records, or reports.
- Carry/move/expedite hardware and documentation between work centers as required.
- Generate production status reports through collaborative customer communication.
- Work with external suppliers in requesting quotes, reviewing supplier qualifications and standards and working with the internal program management team in awarding work to external suppliers.
- Create and process purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Work with the accounting department in reconciling accounts.
- May support general administration tasks.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in other to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 2 years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proven customer service skills including identifying customer needs, being responsive to those needs and identify and solving problems quickly.
- Strong communications skills with ability to articulate and interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Experience scheduling in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience working with external suppliers (machine shops and special processes) is preferred.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 and AS9100 environment is preferred.
- Strong computer skills specifically utilizing Microsoft Office products and experience working with a variety of databases (IFS, Velocity, Agile) is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $18.51 - $24.52 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.