Associate Decision Scientist at Ibotta
Would you like to be part of an industry-leading analytics organization? Ibotta is seeking an Associate Decision Scientist to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. With over 50 people, Ibotta's Analytics team is a place where individuals at all levels can learn and grow in their careers. We leverage the latest developments and best practices in data analysis, testing methodologies, statistics, and machine learning to drive value for Ibotta.
As an Associate Decision Scientist, you will be responsible for providing actionable and data-driven recommendations to internal and external stakeholders. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools to drive value throughout our business.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Working cross-functionally to analyze large amounts of behavioral and transaction data to provide stakeholders with actionable insights
- Design, implement and measure controlled experiments to determine the impact of new approaches
- Communicating analysis findings in a clear, concise manner
What we are looking for:
- SQL knowledge, data wrangling, and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively and provide thoughtful insights
- Ability to develop, automate, visualize, analyze, and communicate learnings
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout an organization to drive towards common goals
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics/mathematics/statistics/data science/computer science/economics or equivalent experience
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (such as R, Python, or Spark)
- Knowledge of A/B testing concepts
- Practical work experience in analytics in a consumer-facing industry
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $60,000 - $75,000
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.