Associate Data Engineer
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. By creating innovative technology and providing a highly collaborative environment, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, and have been recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for each of the past 6 years.
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
The Team and Role
HomeAdvisor is looking for an entry-level Data Engineer to play a key role on the Enterprise Intelligence Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence team. The successful candidate will develop and maintain strong relationships with teammates while ensuring delivery of high quality Engineering solutions. This role requires the candidate to demonstrate deep hands-on expertise in complex SQL development concepts, scripting for data integrations, ETL Architecture, Design, Development, and testing.
- Design, develop, and implement data-integration solutions to effectively process high-volume disparate data sources and meet processing SLAs
- Design, develop, and implement data warehouse architecture that meets the analytic and reporting needs of the business.
- Design, develop, and implement business process automation solutions to constantly improve and automate reoccurring business processes.
- Interact closely with business partners and Engineering teams to determine analytics and reporting needs and translate those needs into efficient & scalable data integration processes
- Strong analytical and SQL skills
- Experience in scripting complex stored procedures and database functions
- Extensive hands on experience in developing data integrations and API integrations using Python or another comparable scripting language
- Experience with ETL and automated business processes.
- Knowledge in Data Warehouse architecture and Business Intelligence principals
- Hands-on experience with several database technologies, preferably both conventional database technologies (eg. Oracle, SQL Server, mySQL,etc. ) and cloud big data technologies (e.g. Snowflake, Hadoop, Google, etc.)
- Experience in business requirements gathering, data analysis, data mapping, and dimensional data modeling
- Detail oriented and willingness to be a team player
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.