Associate Data Engineer
Ibotta is looking for an Associate Data Engineer to build something great with us. As part of the data engineering team, you will work with both Engineering and Analytics to develop and own stable, scalable, and repeatable data-driven features. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for working in the Hadoop ecosystem and with AWS technologies including Aurora, DynamoDB, SNS, and SQS, as well as other non-AWS technologies. Every engineer has input into our product development process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Work with engineering, analytics, and product management to implement data-driven features
- Use Scala, Java or Python to utilize Hadoop/Spark to collect and analyze large-scale datasets in batch
- Help implement real-time processes using event-driven architecture
- Build, monitor, and maintain data ETL pipelines
- Administer and maintain our data infrastructure
- Share relevant knowledge and evangelize Data Engineering with Engineering and Analytics teams
Here is what we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in software development, preferably with Java and/or Python
- Experience with SQL programming, data modeling, query tuning, and optimization
- Understanding of fundamental data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Working knowledge of ETL processes
- Experience building a data warehouse or equivalent data modeling experience
Nice to have:
- Experience working in the Hadoop ecosystem, using tools such as Hive, Spark, or Pig
- Data Warehouse, Data Integration/Automation, and Business Intelligence experience
- Experience with managed, cloud-based data warehouses; e.g. Snowflake, Vertica, etc
- Experience with BI tools; e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc
- Experience with data serialization technologies, e.g. Avro, Protobuf, etc
- Experience with Qubole
- Experience with Apache Airflow
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.