Associate Data Engineer
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, Colo. The Associate Data Engineer will sit in our Golden office.
The Team and Role
HomeAdvisor is looking for an entry-level data hungry professional to play a key role on our Enterprise Intelligence team. The successful candidate will develop and maintain strong relationships with teammates while ensuring delivery of high-quality solutions. This role requires the candidate to demonstrate hands-on experience in data warehousing concepts, ETL architecture, design, development, and even automation.
- Ability to Design, develop, and implement data-integration jobs to effectively process high-volume disparate data sources and meet processing SLAs
- Ensure data requirements are clearly understood and accommodated
- Develop and Document all data projects and processes according to standards and best practices
- Interact closely with business partners and Engineering teams to determine analytics needs and translate those needs into efficient & scalable processing needs
- Implement automated data quality checks, and iteratively improve upon them as the analytics needs evolve
- Define and develop scalable, maintainable & innovative data-integration solutions
- Enterprise data analysis toolkit experience (Informatica, Talend, SSIS, SnapLogic, PLSQL, etc.), Design, Development & operations experience in a high-volume Data Integration environment
- Data Warehouse, Data Integration/Automation and Business Intelligence experience
- Hands-on experience with columnar database technologies, preferably cloud technologies
- Bonus points for hands on, in-depth experience in scripting: Python, Shell, etc.
- Experience with business requirements gathering, data analysis, data mapping, and dimensional data modeling
- Strong analytical and SQL skills
- Detail oriented and willingness to be a team player
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/