Associate Business Intelligence Developer at Guild Education
Guild is hiring an Associate Business Intelligence (BI) Developer. This role is responsible for providing support for the development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the underlying systems and reporting infrastructure for the data warehouse and data mart reporting environments. Under guidance of senior team members, they will provide support to design and implement reporting architecture solutions including the design of table structures, and the optimization of ETL processes and queries used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources. This role will be a great fit for you if you have a strong understanding and passion for data.
As a BI Developer, you will:
- Support small or medium projects (e.g. support in building a clean data set for data science, or onboarding a new partner)
- Support the building and defining of new reporting infrastructure based on needs of the business
- Work closely with senior team members in providing support to product, engineering, and analytics teams to scale reporting architecture and the ETL pipeline based on source of truth tables and events from the event bus
- Learn and support reporting infrastructure tools (e.g. Airflow, Snowflake, DBT, Looker)
- Learn and support monitoring, alerting, and anomaly detection efforts to measure performance, accuracy, and usage of data and reports
- Solidify documentation for key systems
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI etc..
- Learning about building data pipelines, custom ETL processes, data warehouses, and table architecture
- Learning about database technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, and working with large sets of data
- Ability to communicate well in person, on paper, and in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, engineers, analysts and stakeholders
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $70,000-$81,250 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth