Associate Analytics Engineer at Guild Education (Greater Denver Area, CO)
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Roles for The Beehive are all onsite in Denver. The Beehive is an Early Childhood Education Center for children of Guild Education Denver employees, located adjacent to our Denver offices.
Guild is hiring an Associate Analytics Engineer who will sit at the intersection of data, infrastructure, and analytics, to help shape and deliver valuable data and business-critical reporting and insights for Guild. You will be responsible for organizing, standardizing, and analyzing our data to enable Guild’s Analytical efforts. This role will have a critical impact on the business and our students by surfacing valuable data and providing visibility into opportunities for improvement across all aspects of our business.
As an Associate Analytics Engineer, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of business and operational needs by building strong relationships across the teams who manage and utilize Guild’s data.
- Support Guild’s Analytics teams by creating, maintaining, and improving insightful reporting which enables our business partners to access actionable, insightful data to drive decision making.
- Partner with Data Ops teams to deliver clear, accurate analytical datasets which drive high-quality reporting.
- Perform in-depth data QA by diving in to various data sources to identify and resolve issues
- Deliver on requests from stakeholders, understanding the priority and impact of various reporting requests, and managing expectations for delivery.
- Translate business questions into technical requirements as part of a well-defined development cycle.
- Act as subject matter expert for Looker within the Analytics team, supporting team members in troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Adhere to robust governance and oversight processes to ensure accuracy and continuity of critical data sources and reporting.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 1+ years of full-time work experience as an analytics engineer, data analyst, BI analyst, data engineer or similar
- Experienced in SQL, with some exposure to data pipeline/automation tools (i.e. Airflow, DBT).
- Experience working with small and large datasets, with a focus on data quality
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Familiarity with Data Engineering best practices, and experience with version control tools such as Github or Gitlab.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to data quality and reporting accuracy.
- Analytical, intellectually curious, creative problem-solver who is comfortable going beyond data access to analytics and strategic insights.
- Keen design and data visualization skills – you know how to transform data to generate useful insights and be easily digestible.
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise.
- Analytics and reporting experience in a B2B sales environment
- Demonstrated experience building insightful reporting in Looker
- Experienced in the application of Data Engineering best practices
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
t equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $80,000-$102,500 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.