Associate Analyst at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Associate Analyst will analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures. This individual will monitor the indicators, highlighting and analyzing cases of unexpected variance. They will also oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, financial, forecasting, operating plan, and modeling tools.
- Support decision-making and strategic planning activities, serving as a key resource to senior decision-makers in the business.
- Prepare and maintain in-depth analysis, modeling, monthly/quarterly/annual forecasting and reporting of financial and business performance to support company-wide financial and operational goals, initiatives and objectives.
- Develop and implement procedures to manage monthly business analyses with a focus on improving and promoting quality as demonstrated by accuracy and thoroughness of analysis.
- Assist with month-end and quarter-end close and reporting responsibilities.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations (internal and external) of financial and operational business results and analysis.
- Other financial and operational analysis and duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA Optional.
- 1 - 3 years of financial analyst experience, telecommunications industry knowledge a plus
- Strong financial modeling, forecasting and analytical skills; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access in a proficient manner.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work extended hours (some evenings and weekends, when necessary) and achieve results in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong sense of teamwork and mentoring highly desired.
- High energy individual with strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
- Must be a self-motivator.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Base salary range: $55,000-$65,000
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary bi-annual incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time