Analytics Manager - Algorithms at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking an Analytics Manager - Algorithms to contribute to our mission of building world-class data-driven solutions that help make every purchase rewarding for millions of consumers. We're looking for a self-motivated manager who has a passion for pushing the envelope with cutting edge technology, leveraging methodologies like causal inference and applied machine learning. Additionally, we’re looking for someone that is inspired by mentoring a talented group of world-class machine learning practitioners and acting as a technical coach when needed.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Manage, mentor and hire a growing team of analytics professionals.
- Own the roadmap for our real-time, user-specific pricing optimization engine.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and analytics leadership to help identify high impact applications for data science solutions.
- Communicate complex data science solutions, concepts and the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to business stakeholders and technology leaders to maximize the effectiveness of initiatives.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, or equivalent analytics role with some tech lead and/or team management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of a data science toolkit like: Python (strongly preferred), Spark ML or R.
- Experience working with distributed big-data tools like: Spark or Hive.
- The ability to think critically, leverage domain expertise and translate high-level business objectives into tangible data science solutions.
- Experience with supervised learning, causal inference, and pricing optimization.
- Comfort working within a cloud-based infrastructure, ideally AWS.
- 5+ years of professional experience with 2+ years in a tech lead and/or team management role.
- Deep hands-on experience prototyping, building, releasing, and monitoring mission-critical machine learning models in high traffic applications.
- Hands-on experience with agile software development, system reliability, and offline/online experimentation.
- Experience with product release processes like automated testing and code reviews.
- Experience with advanced machine learning technology like: PyTorch or Tensorflow/Keras.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.