At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Analyst Senior - Estimating and Pricing Operations
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare current, accurate and complete quality cost proposals (new business and change proposals) in compliance with the Ball Estimating System Description, Federal Acquisition Regulations, specific FAR supplements, and RFP requirements. Ensure proposals do not result in audit findings of a defective pricing action.
- Prepare cost proposal RFP compliance checklist. Review with appropriate staff (Contracts, Proposal Manager, Strategic Business Unit (SBU) EPO Manager, etc.), and ensure compliant proposal is prepared.
- Prepare accurate and complete data and lead the cost requirements portion of the proposal kick-off meeting. Provide guidance to estimators on the Estimating System Description, cost estimating tools and processes, basis of estimates, work breakdown structure, documentation, and RFP requirements during proposal/ROM kickoff meetings and in individual discussions with estimators. Support Proposal Manager with development of proposal staffing and budget requirements.
- Enter estimates into estimating tool and analyze cost estimates against historical cost data, cost metrics, parametric cost models, strategy, and cost risk assessment. Coordinate material/subcontract pricing data required for proposals. Prepare cost volume documentation.
- Prepare appropriate business management data (i.e. earned value management/reporting, financial management/reporting, etc.) for proposals as required. Review with SBU EPO Manager, SBU Manager of Business Management, or Ball EPO Manager prior to proposal submittal.
- Review final cost volume for compliance with the policies, regulations and requirements discussed above. Complete Proposal Certification Checklist and review with SBU EPO Manager, SBU Manager of Business Management or Ball EPO Manager per Ball Estimating System Description policy prior to proposal submittal.
- Prepare accurate cost data for cost reviews with SBU and Ball management. Support SBUs with Bid-No-Bid Meetings, Proposal Kick-Off Meetings, Proposal Reviews, ROM Reviews, Green Team Reviews, and Red Team Reviews. Support meetings related to status of proposal efforts and staffing needs.
- In accordance with the Ball Estimating System Description, post proposals requiring certified cost or pricing data to DCAA Extranet/SharePoint Site within 48 hours after customer submittal.
- Prepare cost proposal audit files and review completed Proposal Audit File Checklist with SBU EPO Manager or SBU Manager of Business Management per Ball Estimating System Description policy within 10 working days of submittal. Ensure electronic copies are maintained in SBU proposal/program files within 10 working days of submittal.
- Support customer fact-finding and negotiation efforts. Support audit efforts with internal and external auditors (DCAA or DCMA).
- Provide notice to Estimating and Pricing Operations (EPO) Manager of:
- Significant new business opportunities and upcoming change proposals as they occur.
- Significant proposal issues, including subsequent problem resolution/action, as they occur.
- Potential risks in regard to aggressive proposal prices or schedules, cost risk concerns, or cost proposal compliance issues.
- Scheduled internal Ball and DCAA/DCMA audits as soon as notification is received, audit issues of concern during audit, and subsequent audit results/report as soon as available.
- Prepare ROMs in accordance with Ball and SBU policy. Prepare accurate cost data for ROM reviews with SBU management. Prepare ROM files within 10 working days of submittal and ensure electronic copies are maintained in SBU proposal/program files.
- Attend EPO Staff Meetings. Provide input and present material upon request.
- Support Ball and SBU with implementation of required Estimating and Pricing Operations tools and processes. Provide feedback on these tools and processes to support improvement where necessary. Support groups involved with cost estimating and pricing and business management initiatives to improve processes and tools, as requested
- Support the Ball Estimating and Pricing Operations organization with development, enhancement, application and training of cost estimating and pricing processes, tools, parametric cost models, historical cost data, and Cost Estimating Relationships (CERs). Document, assess and apply lessons learned to future proposal efforts.
- Be responsive to customer needs and concerns. Build solid relationships with internal and external customers. Lead or participate in group discussions at internal or external meetings related to cost estimating and pricing efforts. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Technical skills include proficiency in the following: Excel, Power Point, Word, Pricing software, Business Objects, Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), and Material Proposal Pricing tool (as applicable to EPO staff).
- Pricing knowledge includes: Estimating System Description, Generic Cost Volumes, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), DFARS, Truth In Negotiations Act, Learning Curve application, Monte Carlo Analysis, Parametric Estimating, and cost analysis techniques.
- Support development of job training requirements for the year. Complete training in accordance with QSF0348, Current Job Requirements Documentation, and update as appropriate during the year. Complete annual/periodic Ball training as required (e.g. ESD update training, ITAR training, Labor Charging training, etc.).
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in a related field plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $89,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.